HairSellon is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
HairSellon may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 01/01/2012
This policy has been updated on 23/05/2017 in accordance with new GDPR regulations for people in the EU.
The GDPR requires that personal data collected for those in the EU shall be ()
a) processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner
b) collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes
c) adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary
d) accurate and kept up to date, or erased without delay
e) kept in a form which identifies people for no longer than is necessary
f) processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security
We make every effort to do this, and explain how data is collected and what it is used for.
When you register/sign up on HairSellon your email address is collected, allowing you to receive automated and human processed email notifications, help, advice, or marketing that may be useful to you.
You can request your details or to delete your account at any time.
When you use the contact forms on the website, your email, name and other contact details you provide in the form may be stored.
When you use the contact forms to contact sellers/buyers or listing owners, your IP, email address and contact form details will be visible to the owner/author of the listing you have contacted.
When making a comment on any webpage on HairSellon your email address, contact details provided, and message will be stored until that comment is deleted. You may receive automated and human processed email notifications, help, advice, or marketing that may be useful to you.
When creating an advert listing the details you provide are stored until that advert is deleted.
We make every effort to ensure any details we collect or store are secure and safeguarded. You may request access to the data we hold about you, or request to delete your data/account at any time.
This concludes our GDPR specific policies.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and contact information including email address.
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- other information relevant to classified ads, advert enquiry emails correspondence, and customer surveys or offers.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
HairSellon.com Website Usage: Terms and Conditions
The term ‘HairSellon’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Adverts placed by users of this website are done so under the terms and conditions stated in the Advert Placement pages. Anyone found to have purposely mislead buyers in any way must refund the buyer entirely if necessary as stated in the Ad Posting agreement.
- Similarly, people found to be inappropriately messaging or misusing this website will be banned from HairSellon, blacklisted, and banned on a growing number of other online resources/websites.
- In no event do we accept liability for the sales or transactions between buyers and sellers on this website. We do not liability for the posting of threatening, abusive, obscene, unlawful, defamatory, or indecent information/material of any kind.
- We expressly disclaim all representations, conditions, or warranties, express or implied, including those of quality, merchantable quality, merchantability, durability, fitness for a particular purpose.
- We are not liable or responsible in anyway for any loss, whether of money (including profit), goodwill, reputation, or any special, indirect, or consequential damages arising out of your use of, or inability to use HairSellon, even if you advise us or we could reasonably foresee the possibility of any such damage occurring.
- The run until sold ‘Featured Listing’ option provides a 3 months featured status and a further 3 months non-featured status if the hair has not been sold
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- You agree to us collecting and databasing email correspondence through the contact forms on this site and sharing this information if subpoenaed by law to do so.
- Images loaded onto this website may be used for illustrative or advertising purposes.
- If you change your mind about listing an advert and would like to request a refund you must get in touch with us within 24hrs of your advert going live
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- HairSellon prohibits any collection and use of any listings, descriptions, prices, or HairSellon contents any downloading, copying, or other use of listing/account information for the benefit of any third party; or any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.